Table of Contents
- 1 Best Wetsuites: Our Top Picks
- 1.1 The Men and Women Guardian 3mm Neoprene Full Scuba Diving Wetsuit from HEVTO
- 1.2 The Men's 3mm Premium Neoprene Wetsuit from ZCCO
- 1.3 The Navigator 3mm Neoprene Shorty Wetsuit from Seavenger
- 1.4 The Diving Skin Men Women Youth Thin Wetsuit from COPOZZ
- 1.5 The Men Women Youth 3mm Neoprene Wetsuit from NeopSkin
- 1.6 The Full Body Lycra Rash Guard for Men Women Dive Wetsuit from Skyone
- 1.7 The Neoprene 3/2mm and 5/4mm Full Body Diving Suit for Men and Women from Lemorecn
- 1.8 The Premium CR Neoprene 3/2mm and 5/4mm Wetsuit from Dark Lightning
- 1.9 The Men's 3mm /1.5mm Wetsuits Camo Neoprene Full Body Diving Suits from Nataly Osmann
- 1.10 The 2mm Premium Neoprene Wetsuit from Flexel
- 2 Conclusion
Rip Curl made a name for itself in the wet-suit industry by manufacturing products that exceeded customer expectations. It is known for surfing wet-suits and is also a major athletic sponsor. The best wet-suit for swimmers needs to have the following features more buoyancy in the legs, stabilization in the core area of the wet-suit, get a wet-suit that fits well to prevent fighting it or carrying lots of water in it.
Look for a good fit around the neck so that water doesn't enter the suit when you dive. Look for neoprene blended with wool and polyester if you are going to face water temperatures below 60 degrees. Depending on the water temperature of your location, you may need a wet-suit with a hood, as well as separate gloves and booties to keep you as warm as possible.
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Wetsuites: Our Top Picks
Read our reviews for the best wetsuits on the market:
When you are in ice-cold water, you want a wetsuit that will keep you warm at all times and that is where this suit comes in. Made by HEVTO, this wetsuit not only keeps you warm but also protects you from injuries caused by underwater creatures.
If you are an amateur diver or just getting into diving or water sports, this wetsuit should be high on your list because it will make you float easily and comfortably. It is ideal for a variety of water sports because it Can be worn in the water with a temperature of between 50 - 67-degree Fahrenheit.
You can use this suit for sailing, kayaking, kiteboarding, surfing, diving, swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding and more. Below is a summary of the wetsuits pros as well as cons.
- Comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee
- Very comfortable suit to wear
- Perfect for water sports such as sailing, kayaking, kiteboarding, surfing, diving, swimming, snorkeling, paddle boarding and more
- Can be worn in the water with a temperature of 50 - 67-degree Fahrenheit
- Keeps you safe from harm while underwater
- Skin-friendly material
- It has a pungent smell when opened brand new
This Men's 3mm Premium Neoprene Wetsuit from ZCCO is made out of 10 nylon and 90% CR Neoprene. These materials are very gentle on the skin because they are eco-friendly and flexible.
At 3mm, this suit will provide you with all the protection you need when you heat the water plus it will protect you from the sun's harmful rays. You can wear this suit for a wide range of activities. These include sailing, kayaking, kiteboarding, surfing, diving, swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding and more.
When you are underwater, chances of encountering marine creatures are very high and this wet suit will protect you from injury. Smooth, easy to put on and durable, the smooth leather design makes this one of the best wetsuits you can buy.
- Made from eco-friendly and flexible materials that are gentle on the skin
- Can be used for a wide range of sporting activities
- Keep you warm underwater as well as protects you from the sun's UV ray
- Durable and keeps you safe from harm
- A bit tight around the shoulders for some customers
This wetsuit from seavenger can withstand any tear and wear when you take to the water because it is made from Nylon II neoprene. This is a very durable material that will hold its own even in harsh conditions.
This suit will not restrict your movement at all because it is very stretchy and you will feel warm all the time even if the water is 65-degree Fahrenheit. Surfers love this wetsuit because it lets them move freely while on the surfboard plus it is comfortable to wear.
If you are looking for something you can slip in and out of with ease, Navigator 3mm Neoprene Shorty Wetsuit from Seavenger is perfect. Below are some of the benefits and drawbacks it brings to the table.
- Made from very durable material
- A very flexible suit that's very easy to put on
- Keeps you warm in 65-degree Fahrenheit water
- Perfect for surfers
- Very comfortable to wear
- Issues with the sizes
The Diving Skin Men Women Youth Thin Wetsuit from COPOZZ offers you full body protection especially if you are swimming around jellyfish and sea lice. You will suffer no strings or bruises when you have this wetsuit plus it can also be worn in the summer.
Whether it is sailing, kayaking, kiteboarding, surfing, diving, swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding and more, this wetsuit is perfect for many water sport activities.
Too much exposure to the sun's UV rays can be harmful to the skin and this suit offers UV protection ensuring you are comfortable and safe at all times. Your movements will not be restricted because this suit is super lightweight and has a long front zipper. This makes taking it off and on effortless and not a hassle.
- Offers full body protection
- Can be worn in the summertime
- Perfect for various sporting activities
- UV ray protection and comfortable to wear
- The zipper does cause a few issues
This wetsuit is very stylish with a zipper on the front and it is made from 10% nylon and 90% neoprene. What is great about this suit is it has an adjustable collar that provides comfort as well as prevent you from feeling like you are being choked.
Just like the first wetsuit on the list, this one is also ideal for a variety of water sports because it can be worn in the water with a temperature of between 50 - 67-degree Fahrenheit.
You can wear this suit when you go sailing, kayaking, kiteboarding, surfing, diving, swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding and more. Cracks and tears are two things you don't have to worry about when you buy this suit because it is very durable thanks to the nylon fabric and neoprene.
- Can be worn in the water with a temperature of between 50 - 67-degree Fahrenheit
- Durable and very flexible
- Has an adjustable collar which prevents choking
- Very stylish
- A bit expensive
This wetsuit from Skyone is very comfortable to wear because it is made from Lycra spandex material which is lightweight and soft. This offers you a very breathable fit which makes surfing and snorkeling a wonderful experience.
The long sleeve and full-body design defend and protect you from cold temperatures and the sun's UV rays. With so many marine creatures that are known to sting like sea lice and jellyfish, you will be pleased to know that this suit protects you against these creatures.
You can pick between small, medium, large, XL, XXL, and XXXL sizes plus if you know someone who is into watersports, this wetsuit makes a perfect gift. It is wonderful for canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, sailing and more.
- Very comfortable
- Comes in sizes small, medium, large, XL, XXL and XXXL
- A great gift for a loved one
- Perfect for many sporting events
- Rubbing against sharp objects can cause tears
This wetsuit is wonderful if you are into activities such as canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, sailing and more. One of the standout features of this suit is the neoprene material it is made from.
This provides both durability as well as comfort especially if you are in water temperatures of 45-degree Fahrenheit and more. The zippers on the back make it very easy for you to put it on and take it off.
One negative of this suit is it doesn't protect you from the sun's UV rays which can be very harmful around summertime. Aside from this, this is a very affordable suit for both men and women who are interested in watersports.
- Durable and very comfortable
- Easy to put on
- Perfect for many water sporting events
- Keeps you warm in if you are in water temperatures of 45-degree Fahrenheit and more
- Does not offer UV protection
The Premium CR Neoprene 3/2mm and 5/4mm Wetsuit from Dark Lightning is made from 10% nylon and 90% neoprene. This material is known to be very thick and keeps you very warm every time you hit the water of 55 - 65-degree Fahrenheit.
If you want a suit that makes you feel comfortable when you are canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, sailing, this is a good purchase. You have to be careful when picking your size because picking the wrong one can make the suit feel tight.
- Good for a variety of watersports
- Durable and keeps you warm
- Can feel tight if you pick the wrong size
Nataly Osmann is very professional when it comes to making waterport products and they make good quality wetsuits like this one. If you enjoy sports like canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, and sailing, this suit will serve you well.
Since this wetsuit is just one piece, it has one back zipper for easy exit and entry. When you take to the water, your movement will not be restricted because this suit is very comfortable.
Lastly, this suit will defend you against jellyfish and sea lice as well as protect you from the sun. The camouflage color is very eye-catching and shows that Nataly Osmann is a very creative company.
- Offers UV ray protection
- Perfect for a variety of watersports
- Super comfortable
- Durable and easy to put one since it's a one-piece suits
- Feels cheap
Last on the list is the 2mm Premium Neoprene Wetsuit from Flexel and this is a very well made product that is easy to pack and wear because it is very light. The vest of this wetsuit dries quickly and is breathable.
This prevents skin cancer if you are wearing it at very high temperatures. The premium 2mm neoprene it is made from makes this a very durable suit and the sleeveless design offers you more freedom around the arms.
You will have this suit in your possession for a long time as long as you take care of it. You can take it with you when you go canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, and sailing.
- Top-quality product
- Does not restrict your movement
- Durable and very comfortable
- Breathable and perfect for a variety of watersports
- Issues with the sizing
- Zipper does break easily
Style: Wetsuits are classified into three different styles including shorty, fully and farmer john/jane wetsuits. Shorty wetsuits are usually cut above the knee and have short sleeves. Full wetsuits offer more warmth and protect your arms and legs against the cold, jelly fish or even corals. The farmer john/jane wetsuit is made up of a jacket and an overall with long legs and sleeveless top.
Choosing the right wetsuit is an important decision that serious divers are faced with. Those who dive in colder places should lean towards 5mm wetsuits while 3mm wetsuits will suffice for other environments.
A shorty is okay for casual divers in more tropical wetsuits. The most important thing to remember when choosing the best gear that if it isn’t comfortable, then it isn’t a worthy investment.
Follow the guidelines given above and you will surely find the perfect wetsuit for you.