Table of Contents
- 1 Overview Of The Top 10 Snorkeling Fins
- 2 Top Snorkel Fin Brands
- 3 Types Of Snorkel Fins
- 4 Best Snorkeling Fins: Our Top Picks
- 4.1 The Short Adjustable Snorkel Fins from CAPAS
- 4.2 The Aqualine Shone Snorkeling Fins from Deep Blue Gear
- 4.3 The Adjustable Buckles Open Heel Swim Flippers Snorkeling Fins from Greatever
- 4.4 The Adjustable Snorkeling Fins from Oumers
- 4.5 The Adjustable Swim Snorkeling Fins from Cozia Design
- 4.6 The Short-Blade Adjustable Swim Snorkeling Fins from BPS
- 4.7 The Adult Short Light Travel Size Full Foot Pocket Snorkeling Fins from WACOOL
- 4.8 The Adjustable Swimming Snorkeling Fins from KIMILILY
- 4.9 The Adjustable Sport Snorkeling Fins from Phantom Aquatics
- 4.10 The Aquanaut II Snorkeling Fins from Deep Blue Gear
- 5 How To Buy Snorkel Fins
- 6 Conclusion
Compared to shopping for a snorkel or mask, choosing snorkeling fins is quite easy. Fins are an essential item that any water fanatic needs to improve speed and efficiency. If you don’t believe so, wait until you are in a strong current and then you will truly appreciate the importance of snorkel fins.
They also help protect your feet from accidental contact with corals and rocks.
When making your choice of the right snorkel fins, there are many things to consider and having this kind of information makes the search less stressful for you.From the different types of fins and best brands to the top products available in the market, every bit of information helps.
Overview Of The Top 10 Snorkeling Fins
For this list, we looked at consumer reviews on amazon to establish their personal experiences.
We also considered brands that are known industry leaders. Extensive research was done to compile this list.
The best snorkeling fins whose reviews can be found below.
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Snorkel Fin Brands
The most reputable names behind the best snorkel fins include:
- Dive Rite: This company understands the value of quality diving equipment. In addition to having a history of manufacturing snorkeling gear for more than 25 years, the company team is made up of tech divers. This is part of the reason why Dive Rite is able to design and manufacture diving equipment that is quality and a favorite for many consumers.
- ScubaPro: This brand is known for reliable scuba equipment including computers, wetsuits, snorkels and more. Since the 1960’s, ScubaPro has designed innovative equipment that continue to wow consumers.
- Mares: They offer superior performance gear by utilizing advanced technology and quality materials. The company offers reliable diving equipment including wetsuits, masks, spearguns and dive gauges just to name a few.
Types Of Snorkel Fins
Fins Are Classified Into Various Categories Including:
Open heel vs. full foot fins
There are two types of snorkel fins depending on the foot pocket style. Open heel fins come with a strap to secure your foot and are designed to be worn with booties.
They are the ideal choice if you need to walk on a rocky shore on the way to the diving site or for cold water diving. Full foot fins, on the other hand, are worn barefoot. They are usually shorter and lighter as compared to open heel fins. They are a great choice if you intend to travel to a tropical snorkeling destination.
Paddle or split fins
Depending on the blade design, fins can be either paddle, split or a hybrid of the two. Paddle fins have the traditional single blade design that is stiff and requires more leg muscle to move.
Split fins are designed to offer the same amount of propulsion as paddle fins, but with less effort. Many brands today are designing hybrid fins that combine the qualities of paddle and split blades for more efficiency. Hybrid fins are currently the most efficient and preferred option.
Best Snorkeling Fins: Our Top Picks
Below you can read our extensive reviews of these products and pick your favorite:
First on the list is the Short Adjustable Snorkel Fins from CAPAS and what makes these fins a favorite for families is their open heel design. This means families and friends can share a pair without having to purchase more pairs.
They are very comfortable to wear and if you feel like wearing them with socks, you can do that too. If you are looking for fins that will protect your feet from blisters as well as the cold, this is the product to buy.
Lastly, they are travel-friendly and if you are one that travels a lot, you will be happy to know that they are lightweight and will not take up much space. The adjustable heel straps on them make these fins very easy to put on as well as take off. Below are the pros and cons of the Short Adjustable Snorkel Fins from CAPAS.
- Comes in a variety of sizes from kids to adults
- Very easy to adjust
- Very comfortable to wear
- High-quality product
- The back straps can break easily
If you dream about swimming like a professional even though you are a novice, the Aqualine Shone Snorkeling Fins from Deep Blue Gear will make that a reality. They are very comfortable to wear because they are made from soft rubber and the enclosed heel makes them very secure.
For you to swim faster, you need to feel light on your feet and these fins are made from lightweight materials. These materials aren't just durable but also make you very agile while you are in the water allowing you to swim for a long time without getting tired.
Lastly, these fins fit you like a shoe and before you purchase them, you need to make sure you know your shoe size. Below are the pros and cons of the Aqualine Shone Snorkeling Fins from Deep Blue Gear:
- Helps you swim like a professional
- Fits like a show
- Very durable
- Comfortable and lightweight
- There have been a few issues of size discrepancy upon purchase meaning one has to be extra careful before buying
The Adjustable Buckles Open Heel Swim Flippers Snorkeling Fins from Greatever are very well designed to prevent cramp and tiredness while you are swimming. If you have water socks and shoes, you will be happy to know that you can wear them with these fins.
We all like our product to last long and not show signs of tear and wear. These fins are very durable because they are made from TPR material which is corrosion resistance, flexible and lightweight.
If you travel a lot, these fins come with a mesh bag that keeps them intact and filters water and sand. The adjustable straps and open heel design make them perfect for different foot sizes and types.
- Prevents tiredness and cramp during swimming sessions
- Lightweight and corrosion-resistant
- Durable and travel-friendly
- Has adjustable straps
- Amazing design
- A bit expensive for some customers
Just like the fins above, these snorkeling fins also have an open heel design making them perfect for different foot sizes and types. These fins fit you like a shoe because of the open toe design in the front plus they are lightweight.
When you buy these fins, you also get a mesh bag which comes in handy if you are an avid traveler. You don't have to worry about fatigue and cramp when you have these fins on because of the anti-slip role and the level of flexibility they offer.
- Comfortable on your feet
- Prevents tiredness and cramp
- Comes with a mesh bag
- Open heel design
- The straps are not very strong
These snorkeling fins are some of the most comfortable and durable you can buy on the market today. They are so comfortable to a point where you can easily forget you have them on while you are swimming.
Made from high-quality material, these fins are very strong and come in sizes 7.5 - 12.5. These fins come with a pair of unisex diving socks for extra comfort and won't hurt you feel even if you have been walking on the beach in them.
Lastly, these fins have adjustable straps and an open heel design making them very easy to take off and put on.
- You can wear them with swimming socks
- Very comfortable
- Come in sizes 7.5 - 12.5
- Adjustable straps and open heel design
- Can wear them for walks on the beach
- A bit expensive
- Can cause fatigue
Made from high-quality Polypropylene, these fins are very comfortable because they don't act as a handicap, but as an extension to the feet for a pleasant experience. It is very important for fins to have an open heel design these days.
This gives you more freedom to take them off and put them on with ease. You get this feature when you purchase the Short-Blade Adjustable Swim Snorkeling Fins from BPS. If you have wide feet and have reservations about purchasing a pair, the good news is these fins come in a variety of sizes.
There is a size for you plus they are flexible and have an anti-slip sole. This reduces your chances of feeling tired or suffering from cramps while swimming which is a normal occurrence if you kick too hard. You can also travel with these fins because they are very light and can fit in your luggage without taking up space.
- Good quality product
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can be adjusted easily
- They are travel-friendly
- Straps can be very hard to adjust
- Can hurt your feet
If you are a novice, you will be on the market looking for fins that are simplistic, perform well and light. The Adult Short Light Travel Size Full Foot Pocket Snorkeling Fins from WACOOL are what you need.
The reason why they are great for beginners is they minimize fatigue and can be worn for both snorkeling or swim training. You also get a mesh bag with your order that allows you to travel with them. If you happen to lose this mesh bag, these fins can fit in your beach bag or backpack because they are only 14 inches long.
The top quality material these fins are made from allows you to wear them barefoot or with socks and still feel comfortable. Your feet will be protected from blisters and the cold when you wear these.
- A good quality product that is only 14 inches long
- Comfortable and light
- You can travel with them
- Can be used for swim training in a swimming pool or snorkeling
- Most customers have complained about a discrepancy when it comes to the sizes
The Adjustable Swimming Snorkeling Fins from KIMILILY can easily be shared among family and friends because they have an open heel design. Whether you are buying them for swimming training or snorkeling, they will hold up well thanks to the durable material they are made from.
Comfort is the one thing many people look at when they are buying fins and these fins are flexible and soft on your feet. The sizes of these fins range from XXS/XS to XXXXS for kids and small, medium, large and extra-large for adults. No matter your foot size, KIMILILY has a pair for you.
Traveling with these fins is not an issue at all because they are very lightweight and come with a mesh bag. You don't have to worry about searching the market for a carry bag because one is already provided for you. These fins are also known to be very compact.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- You can travel with them and come in a range of sizes
- Made from durable material and compact
- Can be shared thanks to the open heel design
- These are very heavy fins on the feet
Phantom Aquatics have years of experience making snorkeling fins and that shows with these adjustable sport snorkeling fins. The open heel design they have means family and friends of different sizes can share these fins among each other making them economical.
At just 14 inches in length, you can easily fit these in your beach bag or backpack when you are traveling. There's no need for you to worry about living any accessories behind for your trip because these fins will not take up plenty of space in your bag.
The material these fins are made from is durable as well as flexible. You can wear dive boots, socks or even be barefoot with these fins and they will still protect you from blisters and the cold. They are a must-have for anyone who loves diving in oceans however, just like every other product in this list, they do have their fair share of pros and cons.
- They have an open heel design making them easy to take off and on
- Very comfortable to wear
- A quality product that prevents blisters
- Can fit in your backpack or beach bag
- Easily accommodate different sizes enabling family and friends to share
- Some customers say these fins are not durable and break easily
Last on the list are the Aquanaut II Snorkeling Fins from Deep Blue Gea. If you are looking for fins that are very comfortable and sleek at the same time, these are a worthy investment.
There are so many sizes to choose from and it is advised that you know your size before purchasing. This is the only way you will have a great water experience with these fins.
Their medium size length makes them very easy to travel with because they are not very long or short. They are in between plus they are crack and puncture resistance thanks to the durable material they are made from.
- Variety of sizes to choose from
- Very comfortable and sleek
- Can be packed in a bag if you are traveling
- They sometimes slide off
How To Buy Snorkel Fins
Snorkel fins are more or less like your underwater shoes that help you get around. This is why choosing fins that are a good fit and comfortable is important. The right pair of fins will ensure that you will never suffer from blisters or cramps while snorkeling.
It will also ensure that your experience is as adventurous as you want. In order to make the right decision, here are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for a pair of snorkel fins.
- Pack size: This probably won’t matter if you plan on diving in local locations. However, if you plan on traveling to other snorkeling destinations, pack size is something you should keep in mind. Some brands manufacture models that are specifically designed for travelling while others don’t.
- Comfort is important: As previously stated, fins are underwater shoes and as such, you need a pair will be comfortable to wear. Snorkel fins come in various shapes and sizes. To determine the comfort of fins, consider if they are too narrow, too loose and whether they have an ergonomically designed right and left.
- Booties: If you are looking for open heel fins, you will need a pair of booties to go with them. Some models come with their own booties. Nevertheless, if you already have your own booties, be sure to bring them along.
- Fin vents: These are found on full foot fins and are meant reduce resistance of water when moving.By so doing, they help improve the efficiency of fins.
- Adjustable straps: If you plan on buying open heel fins, go for ones that have adjustable straps for a comfortable fin.
- Snorkeling environment: Is the area where you will be diving rock? Or will you be snorkeling in cold waters? Closed fins are more suitable if you will diving in easy to access areas and warmer waters.
One of the most important decisions that you will be faced as a snorkeler or diver is choosing the best gear available. What you choose has to be comfortable, of a good fit and be able to offer the ultimate diving experience.
With this guide, we have outlined everything you need to know about shopping for snorkel fins so that you can make a good choice.