Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Stand Up Paddle Boards
- 2 Overview of the Top 10 Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
- 3 Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards: Our Top Picks
- 3.1 iROCKER All-Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 3.2 Atoll 11' Foot Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 3.3 SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 3.4 The Peak Paddle Boards Expedition Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 3.5 The Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
- 3.6 The FunWater Inflatable SUP
- 3.7 The Retrospec Weekender 10' Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
- 3.8 The Aqua Plus Inflatable SUP
- 3.9 The Bestway Hydro-Force Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 3.10 The FBSPORT Premium Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 4 How to choose an inflatable stand up paddle board
- 5 Conclusion
Inflatable stand up boards offer a number of benefits as compared to other types of boards. For starters, they are easy to transport especially when deflated. They can fit in the trunk of your car and storage isn't much of a hassle.
They are also made of heavy duty urethane material, which is known for its durability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or pro paddler, choosing the best inflatable stand up paddle boards for your needs is important.
This may prove a challenge as there are many options available and each manufacturer offers different features. In this guide, we review the best inflatable SUP's and tell you what you need to look for when shopping for one.
Types of Stand Up Paddle Boards
Stand up paddle boards come in a variety of types and we have broken them down to four main categories.
- Flat-Water Touring Boards: They are all-round boards. They are usually stable, wide and about 10-12 feet. While they are faster than a surfing board shape, they are slower than racing paddles and their price tags range between $1500 and $2500. They are the best stand up boards for choppy water.
- Flat Water Race Board: These boards are usually 12-14+ feet and less than 28 inches wide. They tend to have a displacement hull that makes them faster than other types of stand up boards. They don’t have as much stability as the other types and as such, aren’t recommended for beginners. They are ideal for intermediate and pro paddlers who don’t have a problem spending $1500+ to get across water as fast as possible.
- Surfing Paddle Board: This surfboard has the shape of a longboard or shortboard, only that it’s wider, thicker and longer. The rails are narrow so that the board can cut into waves smoothly. The prices for surf paddle boards are usually $1000-$1500.
- Inflatable Boards: As the name suggests, these boards can take the shape of any of the above types once inflated. They are lighter, thicker, usually cheaper and easier to transport.
Overview of the Top 10 Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
Are you ready to buy an inflatable stand up paddle board and have some fun? If you have already started comparing models, then you know that the market offers plenty of options. Some SUPs come with better features than others and this can make the process a pain for you. To ease the frustration, we review the best paddle boards that are available on Amazon.
Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards: Our Top Picks
Below you can read our reviews for the top picks on the market to help you choose your favorite product:
This paddleboard delivers as much stability and functionality as the 10' version of the iRocker inflatable SUP. It boasts military-grade PVC construction, which is known for its durability, and a six-inch thickness when fully inflated. The additional length only serves to improve stability.
The iRocker Paddle Board 11' can handle up to 385 pounds of weight. Many consumers love it for its durability, rigidity, and ease of use. A two-year warranty gives consumers peace of mind that they are investing in a product whose performance is guaranteed.
- Very stable and rigid board
- Can support a large amount of weight
- Easy to use
- Comes with a carry bag
- Some customers have reported that the paddle isn't very strong and breaks easily
Stability, durability, and lightweight are some of the things that make the Atoll Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board one of the best paddleboards. It is made with the company's patented material, PVC and EVA foam, all of which contribute to making it only 22 pounds.
It measures 11 feet long and six inches thick when fully inflated, and offers enough stability to handle up 350 pounds of weight. It deflates into a compact size for ease of transportation and storage and comes with handy accessories like a built-in H3 valve, dual-action pump, and paddle. And even at an inexpensive price tag, this board still maximizes strength and reliability.
- Made from strong materials
- Supports weight of up to 350 pounds
- Comes with a storage bag
- Not the best board when conditions are windy
The SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board (6 Inches Thick) is an incredible 10-inch long paddleboard. It overserves balance and stability when you are standing on it thanks to the 30 inches of deck width it provides.
Suitable for both kids, teens, and adults, this move is very easy to steer and handle thanks to the triple bottom panel fins it has. The non-slip soft top deck prevents injuries and accidents from happening especially if you are a beginner.
Portability is very important when it comes to paddleboard. This board is very easy to inflate as well as deflate and can fit in your bag when you are going to the lake, river or ocean. Lastly, when you buy this board, it comes with its storage bag, repair kit, ankle cuff, pedal, and air pump.
- Very easy to store and extremely portable
- Offers balance and stability
- Excellent for beginners thanks to the non-slip deck
- Easy to steer and handle
- Comes with amazing essentials
- Not stable if you don't inflate it properly
- The paddle is not very strong
If you are looking for a board that is designed for recreational paddling, touring, spearfishing and snorkeling, look no further than this one. This 10'6 inch board weighs just 18 pounds making it super light, sturdy and stable every time you are paddling. It also has a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds.
This board is perfect for all water conditions as well as paddlers of all levels. When you buy this amazing board, you get the board itself, a pump, fin, waterproof phone case, paddle, and a leash.
You can travel with this board easily because it comes with a backpack plus it is made from tough 6-inch military-grade PVC construction. This material is known to be puncture-proof allowing you to paddle in tough conditions without having to worry about damage.
- Perfect for all water conditions
- Perfect for paddlers of all levels
- Designed for recreational paddling, touring, spearfishing and snorkeling
- Superlight, sturdy and stable
- Durable thanks to the military-grade PVC construction
- The cost of this board is high for some customers
The Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards are very durable and lightweight thanks to the top quality military grade material they are made from. At just 17.5 pounds in weight, they are lighter than most boards found on the market meaning they can be used by people of all skill sets.
Their extra-wide design ( 10 inches long x 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick) ensures you are in control at all times and they can support a maximum weight of 275 pounds. Buying a board package means you will get a waterproof bag to keep your phone keys and other essentials, a leash, pump, paddle and the board itself.
With such an amazing package, you will go on your trips to the river, lakes or oceans with your mind at ease because you will be able to carry everything you need with you. This board package is very convenient and one of the best on the market.
- Comes with accessories like a pump, waterproof bag, paddle and leash
- Very durable and lightweight boards
- Convenient and comfortable
- Extra-Wide design for stability
- Supports a maximum weight of 275 pounds
- The pump isn't very strong
- Many customers have complained about leaks
When you buy the FunWater Inflatable 10'6×33"×6" Ultra-Light (17.6lbs) SUP, it comes with 3 removable fins, a waterproof bag, a backpack, paddle, and a pressure pump. What is great about this board is its size and at 33 inches wide, it offers you great balance and stability when you take to the water.
Weighing 17.6 pounds and 10 inches long, it has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds which is more than most boards on this list. Many people love the stability it offers and it is great for anyone no matter their skill set.
Lastly, this board is extremely durable and that is down to the PVC layer it is made from. This makes the board extra strong and will not deflate or be punctured when paddling in water with strong currents or debris.
- Great for anyone no matter their skill level
- Very durable board
- Supports weight up to 300 pounds
- Comes with accessories such as 3 removable fins, a waterproof bag, a backpack, paddle, and a pressure pump
- The pressure pump and fins break very easily if one isn't careful
The Retrospec Weekender 10' Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard is one of the most stable on this list and will support anyone of any skill level under 250 pounds. Just like some of the boards above, this board comes with its fair share of accessories.
You get a strong board, a pump, a paddle, a pump, a phone case, and 3 removable nylon fins. Measuring at 10 inches x 30 inches x 6 inches, this board is very stable, firm and easy to travel with. Just simply put it in its storage bag and place it in your car. It will not take up much space at all.
For durability, it is made of triple-layer military-grade PVC. This is more than the single and double layer get on most boards offering you longevity with this board is it will be resistant to punctures.
- Comes with some wonderful accessories
- Very durable thanks to the triple-layer military-grade PVC
- Stable and firm
- Lightweight and has a weight limit of 250 pounds
- Perfect for paddlers of all levels
- Most people find it hard to steer on this board
Incredibly portable, the Aqua Plus 10 feet x32 inches x 6 inches Inflatable SUP is excellent for exploring, cruising, fishing and fitness. It supports a maximum weight of up to 310 pounds and weighs 18 pounds.
No matter the condition and skill level, this board offers you stability like no other. To prevent any damage, this board has a very rigid design thanks to the military ultra-light PVC drop-stitch fabric.
Purchasing a complete package means you get a leash, pump, shoulder strap, backpack, the board, and a removable fin.
- A very portable board that weighs 18 pounds
- Supports a max weight of 310 pounds
- Made from strong material for durability
- Easy to travel with
- Comes with amazing accessories
- Comfortable and ideal for people of all skill levels
- Wobbly when the wind is strong
The Bestway Hydro-Force Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is perfect for experts, kids, beginners and adults who weigh less than 220 pounds. The way this board is designed makes it very easy to maneuver because it is lightweight and gives you a stable as well as smooth ride in rivers, lakes, and oceans.
The material that this board is made from is different from those on this list. It is made from drop-stitch material which is just as durable and strong to the others on this list as well.
Maintaining balance is not a problem with this board and the storage bag makes it easy to carry around on trips. All you have to do is deflate it when not in use and lastly, the complete starter kit of the board comes with a leash, steering fins, repair kit, paddle, travel pump and bag.
- Perfect for experts, kids, beginners, and adults who weigh less than 220 pounds
- The design makes it very easy to maneuver
- Made from durable material
- Ready in less than 1 minute
- A very stable board that comes with amazing accessories
- Can easily be carried on trips thanks to a storage bag
- The valve easily breaks after a few uses
Last on the list is the FBSPORT Premium Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board (6 Inches Thick). With a 30 inch deck and 10 inches long with, its superb design makes it super lightweight, easy to balance and stability when you are on the water.
It is important to note that this board comes with a premium carry bag, a leash, pump, and paddle. It is good for teens, kids, and adults of all skill sets because the panel fins allow you to maintain speed while steering.
Whether it is padding, touring, fishing or snorkeling, this board is up to the task because it is made of high-quality military-grade material. This provides durable and the non-slip soft deck prevents injuries or accidents in case you fall off the board.
- Super lightweight, easy to balance and stable
- Comes with a premium carry bag, a leash, pump, and paddle
- Made of high-quality military-grade material for durability
- East to handle and steer
- Good for adults, teens, and kids
- Prevents injuries and accidents thanks to the non-slip soft top deck
- If the fins are not reinforced well, they can fall off
How to choose an inflatable stand up paddle board
When in the market for an inflatable stand up paddle board, there are several factors that you have to consider so that you can make the right choice. In addition to knowing the various types of paddle boards and the best that the market has to offer, here are other things to keep in mind on your quest for a new inflatable paddle board.
This plays an important role in how well the inflatable paddle board performs while in water. Stand up paddle boards usually have one of two hull types. Planning hulls are usually flat and wide. They are found on beginner paddle boards, and are best for anyone who wants one board to do it all. Displacement hulls are found on paddle boards designed for racing and long-distance paddling. They have a bow or pointed nose that’s similar to that of a canoe. They are longer and narrower compared to planning hulls.
Volume And Weight Capacity
The inflatable stand up paddle board you invest in should be able to accommodate your size. Volume and weight capacity are the two things that impact on this and are, therefore, important factors to consider. The volume of an inflatable SUP is expressed in liters and gives an indication of its ability to float with weight on it. A board can support more weight if it has more volume. Shorter boards work great if they are wide and thick. Each paddle board comes with a specific weight capacity, and it’s important that you know the weight capacity of the board you are buying.
Paddle Board Length
Think about where you intend to paddle when selecting the paddle length. Racing on a calm lake is very different from riding waves in the ocean. In addition to the paddling style, the length affects the ease of transportation. Short boards (9’) are great for surfing, medium ones (9’-12’) are ideal for all round use while long boards (more than 12+) are suitable for touring or racing.
The width is an important factor that determines stability of your paddle board. Inflatable SUPs are available in up to 36” width to accommodate a wide variety of applications. Boards that at least 31” tend to offer more stability for stand up paddling. They are however slower than narrow boards (29” to 30”) which are less stable.
Fins offer additional stability and tracking capabilities to a stand up paddle board. They come in variations including race fins, 3-fin setups, large single fin and fins for inflatable SUPs. Fins for inflatable stand up boards are either detachable semi –rigid fins or flexible rubber fins that are attached to the board.
Buying an inflatable stand up paddle boards is one of the best decision you can make if you love the water. With the right paddle board, you will have a blast in the water, make new friends and even stay in shape. Like every other consumer product, the process of choosing the best inflatable stand up paddle boards can be eased by doing your research (like reading this article) so that you can make an informed decision.