Table of Contents
- 0.1 Wise Outdoors Super Sport Hunting Seat with Insulated Cooler, Brown/Break-Up Camouflage
- 0.2 Sokey Backpack Foldable Chair with ice Bag Excellent for Fishing, Beach, Camping and Outdoor activies,Blue
- 1 Earth Products New Age Vented Outdoor Aluminum Lawn Chair
- 1.2 Clam Clam Chair 8243
- 1.3 Eskimo Folding Ice Chair
- 1.4 TIANFENG Outdoor Leisure Fishing Chair/Thermal Stool Stool/Folding Beach Chair/Multifunction Convenient Stool/With Ice Pack,#1
- 1.5 JUIANG Outdoor Folding Storage Bags Chairs Portable Chairs Fishing Self Drive Tour Multi-function Insulation Ice Pack Stools load bearing120kg
- 1.6 Coleman Treklite Plus Coolerpack Chair
- 1.7 Ice Armor Folding Tripod Chair
- 1.8 EARTH “TAKE-IT-ANYWHERE” ALUMINUM FOLDING COMPACT FISHING & OUTDOOR CHAIR
There's an incredible choice of fishing chairs on the market, some very good and some not so. Everybody could use extra comfort, especially if on a lengthy fishing trip. After all, fishing is all about patience and relaxation. Whether you are looking to escape the busy city life or fishing for sport, having a comfortable place to fish from is important. While it will not make you a better angler, an ergonomic chair will certainly help you get the most out of the trip.
Chairs found at garage sales won’t cut it and choosing one based on price will only be a waste of your money. With so many options on the market, considering important factors like frame material and sturdiness is crucial to making the right choice. This post reviews the best ice fishing chairs on the market and how to identify a model that suits your needs.
Wise Outdoors Super Sport Hunting Seat with Insulated Cooler, Brown/Break-Up Camouflage
Sokey Backpack Foldable Chair with ice Bag Excellent for Fishing, Beach, Camping and Outdoor activies,Blue
Clam Clam Chair 8243
Eskimo Folding Ice Chair
TIANFENG Outdoor Leisure Fishing Chair/Thermal Stool Stool/Folding Beach Chair
JUIANG Outdoor Folding Storage Bags Chairs Portable Chairs
Coleman Treklite Plus Coolerpack Chair
Ice Armor Folding Tripod Chair
earth “take-it-anywhere” aluminum folding compact fishing & outdoor chair
Topping this list is the Wise Outdoors Super Sport Hunting Seat, which features a heavy-duty plastic 10-gallon bucket. It can accommodate almost anyone, thanks to its sturdy construction and a high weight capacity of over 350 pounds. The insulated foam cooler can be removed for easy cleaning.
An adjustable shoulder carry system is incorporated to ensure comfort when walking to and from the shoreline. The seat is made from a tough polyester camo fabric and has a 1” thick foam padding for extra comfort. The marine swivel with plastic folding seat certainly makes storage and portability easier. It swivels easily, allowing you to face any direction without having to get up.
- Comfortable padded seat made with polyester fabric
- Includes an adjustable shoulder strap carry system
- Removable insulated foam cooler
- Accommodates more than 350 pounds of weight
- Swivels in different directions
- Some customers didn’t receive a carry strap
The Sokey Extra Large Collapsible Camping Seat encompasses everything a casual angler would need on their fishing trip. Well, almost everything. It is a backpack stool made from stainless steel and high-quality canvas. This material combination supports more than 250 pounds and provides ample support for longer periods. You can fold the chair for compact storage or easier transportation.
Also notable is that the fabric is made with double layer PU coating. This offers multiple advantages including wear and tear resistance as well as suitability for all weather conditions. The chair can also be used as a portable ice bag. It has a large volume and helps keep your food or catch fresh.
- Versatile chair for fishing, hiking, camping and other outdoor activities
- Converts to a roomy ice pack bag to keep food fresh
- Sturdy build with stainless steel tube high-quality canvas
- Fabric is highly resistant to water, wear and tear
- A little hard to unzip
Next on our list of best ice fishing chairs is the Earth Products New Age, which offers an incredible feature combination to make your experience comfortable. It’s perfectly sized to fit everyone from the youngest camper to the most experienced outdoor lover. You will appreciate the reclining backrest as it will come handy when you need to doze off for a while. With such a wide seat base it enables variations in sitting even with your legs crossed, you can even relax with plenty of space if you’re that XXL guy.
Still, on the topic of comfort, the seat material is cushioned and you get a padded pillow for your head. The chair folds nicely for easy storage and portability. The little bag offers storage for small accessories while two cup holders ensure you stay hydrated. This chair is quite durable and sturdy, with a high weight capacity of 350 pounds.
- Comfortable padded seat and 4-position backrest
- Sturdy construction accommodates 325 pounds
- Adjustable front legs are good for fishing on slopes
- Foldable design allows for better portability
- Pricey and a bit heavy to carry
If you are in need if a dual purpose chair, the Clam Clam 8243 will prove a worthy choice. It folds up and doubles as a backpack with adjustable carry straps. It holds up to six rods and other fishing accessories, an advantage when riding a snowmobile or snowshoeing to your favorite spot. You will be able to carry your gear on the back when locating different holes to find fish.
Functionality was a huge priority when designing the Clam Chair. It has an encased hard case that prevents damage to your rods and adds to the structure of the chair. In addition, it has a Velcro mesh pouch and four zipper pouches for small accessories. There are a couple easy access shelves at the back and two Velcro straps for strapping down your gear. The chair folds out to reveal a cushioned seat with a fish bag under it.
- Full-size seat and ample back support
- Doubles as a backpack with adjustable shoulder straps
- Bag can be detached for effortless cleaning
- Allows you to transport all of your gear without compromising sitting comfort
- Has a tendency to fall back if it has gear in it and the user isn't seated
The Eskimo Folding Ice Chair is a great choice for moving around a lot. It has a tripod folding design makes it easier to get to another fishing hole on the ice. The three legs leave plenty of space for your legs to spread a bit. Additionally, the seat sinks just enough to give you the perfect back comfort. The backrest is tall enough for the average height user and offers ample support when sitting back. Talk of unparalleled comfort!
This chair is sturdily constructed with a stainless steel frame that is rust resistant and lightweight. Transportation is easy because it folds down to a compact size and features a handy carrying back. Unlike other models on this list, the Eskimo Folding Ice Chair does not have handles. This makes it a great option for jig fishing.
- Low profile is ideal for ice and jig fishing
- Inexpensive way to make your experience more comfortable
- Sturdy construction with stainless steel frame
- Tripod folding design allows for better portability
- Design may not suit everyone’s level of comfort
This is one of the most versatile fishing chairs as it functions as a thermal stool and folding beach chair. It can be used for the balcony, hiking, fishing and other outdoor activities. One of the major highlights is the incorporated ice pack for conserving food and any fish you catch. The chair is made with a steel frame and Oxford cloth to ensure optimal durability. It opens easily, folds tightly for easy storage and doesn’t require installation.
The ice pack has a huge capacity and the steel frame accommodates more than 250 pounds. the camo pattern helps camouflage your location while the convenient carry straps make it easy to transport the chair. Our main concern is that the straps are not adjustable, but this is not a complete letdown if you aren’t carrying a lot of gear.
- Steel tube and oxford cloth construction
- A versatile fishing chair that can be utilized for multiple applications
- Has a hidden toolkit for your fishing accessories
- Incorporated ice pack keeps fish and food fresh
- Lacks padding on seat
The Juliang Outdoor Folding Chair is a multifunction chair that can be used for fishing, hiking, camping, backpacking and more. It boasts a sitting height of 36cm and folds down to a compact size of 35x45 cm. An ice pack is fitted beneath the chair and helps with keeping the fish fresh. The reinforced steel pipe can hold up to 260 pounds of weight and the double layer PU coated fabric is weather resistant. There are multiple compartments for storing extra gear and small essentials. The carry straps make it easier to transport the bag.
- Durable build with a stainless steel frame and double oxford cloth
- Has a high weight capacity of 120 kilograms
- Multifunctional folding stool for outdoor use
- Multiple storage options
- Doesn’t meet everyone’s comfort needs
Another fishing chair that offers a great feature combination at an affordable price is the Coleman Treklite Plus Cooler pack Chair. It boasts a 2-in-1 design, meaning you can use it either as a chair or backpack. It is designed with an inbuilt 12-can cooler, thus keeping you hydrated without having to get up. The seat has a detachable cushion for extra comfort when fishing for long hours. It is 14.4 inches wide and has a comfortable 10-inch seat height.
In addition to the cooler pack, you get multiple storage options including two pockets on both sides and a front zipper pouch. The back of the chair has padded and adjustable straps for easier yet comfortable transportation. Also included is a detachable bungee cargo net.
- Comfortable to sit on and carry
- Can support up to 225 pounds
- Offers multiple storage options
- 2-in-1 design lets you use it as chair or backpack
- Design is a little bulky
Like the name suggests, this chair is specially designed for ice fishing. It is an ultra-lightweight chair with a padded backrest that ensures maximum comfort during your trip. The frame is made from super sturdy, powder coated stainless steel. This allows it to support more than 200 pounds. The seat and backrest are made from heavy-duty reinforced 600 denier fabric. You get a carry bag for easy transportation and at 6 pounds, carrying the chair from spot to spot is effortless.
- Ultra lightweight and easy to move out on the ice
- Frame is super strong and made from powder coated stainless steel
- Padded backrest provides extra comfort
- Tri-fold design allows for compact storage
- Carry bag included for better portability
- Not ideal for taller and larger people
This is a great outdoor chair for fishing and other activities. It features an aluminum frame with powder coating for the ultimate strength and durability. The frame offers plenty of support and holds up to 300 pounds. The built-in storage compartment holds an ice pack or six cans to keep you hydrated. Being 18 inches high, the seat is tall enough to accommodate most users comfortably. It folds up for compact storage or easy transportation as a shoulder bag.
- Comes with a built-in storage compartment
- High weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Sturdy aluminum frame with powder coating
- Collapsible and easy to carry
- Not the most comfortable chair for ice fishing
Factors To Consider When Choosing An Ice Fishing Chair
The best chairs for ice fishing are specially designed to work in particular environments. Therefore, the right choice boils down to a set of special requirements that distinguishes it from ordinary chairs. It is important to have the following factors in mind when shopping for an ice fishing chairs.
Size and weight
A small and portable chair works best, especially if you plan on using it in an ice fishing shelter. Weight becomes an issue when carrying the chair to and from the fishing hole through heavy snow and crappy weather. Consider purchasing a lightweight chair with a foldable design. Be sure to look for a specialized strap or handles. These features make it easier to move the chair.
This is the most important feature of any fishing chair. However, there is not much to be expected from portable models. Make sure that the chair you purchase adjusts well to your size. A tall backrest, preferably one with padding, is bound to give you plenty of support on long fishing trips. Some ice fishing chairs have backrests that recline to different positions, thus giving you customized comfort when taking a nap.
Resistance to weather elements
Given the nature of their purpose, ice fishing chairs must offer some degree of waterproofing. This is even more important when using the chair in sub-zero temperatures frequently. Cold weather only increases the discomfort from a wet surface, which may freeze and make the chair impractical. Consider materials that are water repellant and easy to dry when wet like hard plastic or polyester. Some manufacturers use specialized coatings to make their products weather resistant.
The frame should be made from a corrosion resistant and rot proof material. It should be strong enough to withstand plenty of pressure. The hinges of a folding chair should open and close with ease, even after a long period of being wet.
To circumvent the issue of limited space in fishing shelters, some chairs incorporate a storage unit underneath the seat. This is usually in the form of a backpack or bucket with the same surface area as the chair. It can provide extra protection cold. It is also worth noting that some manufacturers outfit their products with thermal insulation so that they can work as ice packs in the summer.
This cuts both ways because it can keep you from freezing if you don’t let warm air out. You can opt for fishing chairs that double as backpacks. These come with adjustable, padded shoulder straps to give you optimal carrying comfort.