Table of Contents
- 0.0.0.0.1 Going on a fishing trip requires taking a variety of gear with you including poles, fishing rod, bait, line, fish finder and a lot more. But where do you keep everything in? This is where a fishing backpack comes in. You don’t want an ill-fitting backpack that wears you down or causes back pains and sore muscles in the neck and shoulders. Getting the best fishing backpack can prove a challenging task given how many choices are at your disposal. This becomes more difficult if you don’t know what factors to consider during your search. The good news is that we have reviewed the 10 best fishing backpacks to help keep your search focused.
- 1 BLISSWILL Outdoor Multifunctional Tackle Bag Water-Resistant Fishing Tackle Bag
- 2 Wild River by CLC WT3503 Tackle Tek Recon Lighted Compact Tackle Backpack with Four PT3500 Trays and Clear, Water-resistant Phone Storage
- 3 Wild River by CLC WT3604 Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Backpack with Four PT3600 Trays
- 4 Elkton Outdoors Universal Fit Fly Fishing Vest Backpack With Hard Shell Storage Compartments
- 5 Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpack Black Compact BLMBP260BK
- 6 Spiderwire Fishing Tackle Backpack W/ 3 Medium Utility Boxes SPB006
- 7 Anglatech Fly Fishing Backpack Vest Combo Chest Pack for Tackle Gear and Accessories, Includes Water Bladder
- 8 Kingdomfishing Multifunctional Fishing Backpack Tackle Bag
- 9 Superfisher Waterproof Outdoors Heavy Duty Fishing XXL Duffle Bag Backpack
- 10 AnglerDream Fly Fishing Pack Outdoor Sports Mesh Vest Pack / Chest Pack / Sling Pack
Going on a fishing trip requires taking a variety of gear with you including poles, fishing rod, bait, line, fish finder and a lot more. But where do you keep everything in? This is where a fishing backpack comes in.
You don’t want an ill-fitting backpack that wears you down or causes back pains and sore muscles in the neck and shoulders. Getting the best fishing backpack can prove a challenging task given how many choices are at your disposal. This becomes more difficult if you don’t know what factors to consider during your search.
The good news is that we have reviewed the 10 best fishing backpacks to help keep your search focused.
BLISSWILL Outdoor Multifunctional Tackle Bag Water-Resistant Fishing Tackle Bag
Wild River by CLC WT3503 Tackle Tek Recon Lighted Compact Tackle Backpack with Four PT3500 Trays and Clear
Wild River by CLC WT3604 Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Backpack with Four PT3600 Trays
Elkton Outdoors Universal Fit Fly Fishing Vest Backpack With Hard Shell Storage Compartments
Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpack Black Compact BLMBP260BK
Spiderwire Fishing Tackle Backpack W/ 3 Medium Utility Boxes SPB006
Anglatech Fly Fishing Backpack Vest Combo Chest Pack for Tackle Gear and Accessories, Includes Water Bladder
Kingdomfishing Multifunctional Fishing Backpack Tackle Bag
Superfisher Waterproof Outdoors Heavy Duty Fishing XXL Duffle Bag Backpack
AnglerDream Fly Fishing Pack Outdoor Sports Mesh Vest Pack / Chest Pack / Sling Pack
Once you've looked at the backpacks on offer, check out my list of the best fishing gloves:
The Blisswill Outdoor Multifunctional Tackle Bag is a unique storage bag for your fishing equipment and accessories. It is jam-packed with features guaranteed to keep your belongings protected and organized. It has a roomy interior and comes with three adjustable and detachable straps. These allow you to carry bag as a handbag, shoulder bag or backpack.
The humanized design includes front of the unique strap design as well as widened and lengthened shoulder straps. This guarantees maximum comfort and convenience. The bag is made to last with high quality 1000D nylon fabrics and extra firm stitching. It has a full-length double zipper for keeping contents secure as well as left/right interchangeable straps.
- Multiple storage compartments and external pockets
- Strong build with 1000D fabric and firm stitching
- Adjustable and detachable straps for carrying bag in different styles
- Unique triangle strap design helps relieve shoulder fatigue
- Straps dig into your shoulders if the load is too heavy
The Tackle Tek Recon is a single solution soft side backpack that boasts an LED light system for better visibility in the dark. This particularly makes a great investment for someone who loves fishing at night. The large upper storage area features a removable divider that can be removed when packing larger items. This backpack has the ability to hold four 3500-style or two 3600-style trays depending on your storage needs.
There is a removable pliers pouch for easy access to your pliers as well as a removable, self-retracting steel cable lanyard for attaching small tools. It has a removable rain cover that offers protection from water damage. Carrying the bag is super easy and comfortable thanks to the comfortable straps.
- Offers multiple organization solutions
- Can accommodate different size trays
- Protective rain cover can be deployed quickly
- Offers quick tool access
- Smaller than some customers would have liked
The Tackle Tek Nomad Backpack is a good option if you are looking for the ultimate organization. This is a handy backpack that boasts multiple storage compartments for different types of tackle. Like other models from Wild River by CLC, this one has an integrated LED light system. This means better visibility when fishing in the dark.
The front pocket folds out to provide a convenient work area. The rain cover prevents the bag and tackle gear from getting wet and the upper storage compartment has a removable divider. Also included is a self-retracting steel lanyard for attaching small tools and fishing tackle boxes. Transportation is effortless thanks to large adjustable shoulder straps and an extra sternum strap.
- Easy access open storage
- Well thought out design to organize your gear
- Plenty of organization possibilities
- Handy work area
- Customer service could be better
If you are more of a vest person, the Elkton Outdoors Universal Fit Fly Fishing Vest Backpack will prove a worthy investment. It is quite versatile and can be utilized for all types of fishing. What we love most about it is that it combines the functionality of a backpack with the comfortable portability of a fishing vest.
It offers plenty of storage for your gear in the form of eight general storage pockets, two hard shell fly compartments, and a 3-section extendable rear backpack. It offers hands-free functionality with two retractable swivel tethers for small tools and a built-in rod holder.
- Soft, breathable mesh keeps you cool on hot summer days
- Superior padding and adjustable straps ensure easy transportation
- Multiple organization possibilities
- Sturdy design with 400D ripstop nylon
- Straps have a tendency to slip down
The Shimano Blacmoon Fishing Backpack is designed for anglers who fish at the local lake or river for a few hours before walking back home. It is made of heavy-duty material for optimal durability and features thick shoulder padding that reduces fatigue. The handle at the top comes handy when moving a few feet to the shores of the lake or putting the backpack in the trunk.
A rain fly is integrated into a small pocket at the top and encompasses the backpack to keep your gear dry. There are two round compartments for keeping your lines and spools organized. The bag also has a system that ensures that fishing line doesn’t get tangled when removing it.
- Double textured fabric construction for long-term dependability
- Thick padded shoulder straps provide carrying comfort
- Includes two Plano 3750 boxes
- Extra storage and multiple organization options
- A little too heavy for a compact backpack
Spiderwire is a brand that is synonymous with quality fishing equipment including braided lines and polarized sunglass. Their Fishing Tackle Backpack will certainly leave you in awe because it is designed to impress. It is highly popular and features distinctive Spiderwire styling on the back. It is made from all black nylon with green trim.
The backpack comes with three medium tackle trays to accommodate your storage needs. A cooler compartment sits just above the tray compartment and is quite useful during day-long expeditions. You also get two large pouches in soft plastics for additional storage. This bag can handle up to 20lbs, a high capacity that allows you to bring lots of gear.
- Includes three tray boxes
- Adjustable main compartment is divided into three smaller sections
- Advanced organizer compartment keeps your tackle sorted
- Has a foam lined sunglass case
- Poor customer service response
The Anglatech Fly Fishing Vest Backpack is designed with highly adjustable straps to provide maximum comfort when fishing for extended periods of time. It can fit almost anyone and is made to last with ripstop nylon. The breathable mesh panel allows air to flow freely while the 1.5-liter bladder helps keep you hydrated. This vest offers plenty of storage with multiple pockets, making it easy to access your gear quickly. You even get dual waterproof pockets for electronic gadgets.
- Stylish design that will stand the test of time
- High adjustable straps for comfort and fit
- Includes a chest-mounted bottle holder
- Offers superior breathability and airflow
- May feel overly bulky or lopsided if not packed well
This is a multifunctional backpack that can be utilized for a variety of outdoor activities, hence an excellent investment for the all-around consumer. It consists of a shoulder bag, mobile phone bag, and handbag. All of these can be detached to accommodate different storage needs. It features a humanized 3D honeycomb decompression ventilation, which helps relieve shoulder fatigue.
It offers multiple storage options including exterior pockets and multi-storage compartment. This makes it easy to organize your tackle while ensuring easy access. The backpack is made from premium quality 1000D nylon fabrics and is lined with waterproof thermal insulation material on the inside.
- Highly adjustable buckles and straps provide comfortable feet
- Designed as a multifunctional backpack with detachable bags
- Features humanized 3D honeycomb decompression ventilation design
- Uses sturdy YKK zippers to keep contents secure and protected
- Can prove quite heavy even with a small load
This fishing backpack from Superfisher has a large main compartment that can be accessed from the top. It is big enough to accommodate any tackle box that you can think of bringing along. The zippers are large and flow well while the padded straps offer reduced shoulder fatigue.
The bag is water resistant and does a good job of protecting your gear from rain. There are two long side pockets that you can use for storing fishing rods or smaller essentials as well as a large mesh pocket at the back that fits a water bottle.
- Huge storage space for long fishing trips
- Useful fishing bag at an affordable price
- Sturdy and well made with waterproof material
- Straps and padding offer optimal comfort
- Zippers are prone to sticking
The AnglerDream Fly Fishing Backpack is free-size and adjustable, hence fits most body types comfortably. In addition to the large main compartment, it has smaller zippered pockets for organization purposes. The backpack is made to last with sturdy polyester fibers.
Being a camouflage color pack, it offers the added benefit of disguise. The shoulder straps are padded and adjustable to provide carrying comfort. A mesh back panel is incorporated to ensure a free flow of air and breathability.
- Can fit almost anyone comfortably
- Has adjustable and padded shoulder straps
- Roomy interior and pockets to accommodate your tackle
- Has various exterior loops for attaching accessories
How to Choose the Best Fishing Backpack
Types of fishing backpacks
Fishing backpacks are generally categorized according to the part of the body they are worn. The most common styles include traditional backpacks, chest packs, waist packs and sling design.
Chest packs and waist packs are best suited for those looking to carry smaller loads like few rods. The other two designs are a better option if you plan on carrying larger loads or simply want more comfort. Sling backpacks are not overly big and give you the added advantage of carrying them while fishing. They go around the chest and back, thus minimizing pressure on your torso.
This is of utmost importance when it comes to fishing backpacks, especially since they need to stand up against the elements. They also contain large weights. Consider a backpack made from a thick material that doesn’t tear easily. This will help reduce the risk of tears and snags. Keep in mind that the thicker the material, the heavier the bag will be. Find a compromise between durability and weight, and go for a sturdy yet lightweight bag.
It is also important to note that durability is not just about material thickness. You also need to look at the seams. They should be tough enough to hold the load placed inside without tearing apart. Look at other small features like zippers and rings. You want components made from stainless steel, heavy plastic or other durable material that is not susceptible to corrosion.
There is a good chance that you will use your fishing backpack for other outdoor adventures like hiking and backpacking. In this case, carrying comfort is of paramount importance during your search. The pack should be comfortable to carry over long distances. This means wide and padded straps that minimize how heavy the pack feels.
The backrest material should be comfortable and breathable to prevent you from sweating excessively. If you are shopping for an oversized fishing backpack, look for models that offer optimal support. Aim for backpacks with waist and chest straps as this help minimize back strain.
When it comes to the storage space, it is crucial that you consider the volume and design functionality of the bag. Volume is particularly important if you intend to carry plenty of gear, equipment, food, and change of clothing. You should also look at how the backpack is segmented. How many pockets does the bag have?
Are they large enough to securely different types of gear? Zippered pockets are not enough – you also need mesh pockets. Models with a utility tray offer the added advantage of being able to store lures where they can be readily accessed. Those with fishing rod holders allow you to keep your hands free.
Because you will be spending a lot of time around water with your backpack, it makes sense that your bag is water resistant. This will help protect your belongings from water damage. Manufacturers use materials that are either water resistant or completely waterproof to offer optimal protection. Keep in mind that this feature may not help when it starts to rain because water can still seep through the zippers. Look for models that feature rain covers if you wanted an added level of protection.
Some features that you will find useful include hooks, tool holders, and D-rings. They serve two main purposes, one of which is allowing you to carry additional gear. They also make it easy to access equipment while ensuring easy access to them. Every backpack is different and manufacturers often make claims on other features like sunglass pockets and cooler compartments. It is up to you to decide what extra features you want.