Table of Contents
- 1 Overview Of The Top 10 Electric Bikes
- 2 Types Of Electric Bikes
- 3 Best Electric Bikes: Our Top Picks
- 3.1 ANCHEER 500W/250W Electric Bike
- 3.2 ANCHEER 350W Ebike 26/27.5'' Electric Bicycle
- 3.3 ECOTRIC 500W 36V/12AH Electric Bike
- 3.4 CLIENSY 350 W 26" Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike
- 3.5 emdaot 26'' 36V 250W Electric Mountain Bike
- 3.6 ECOTRIC Fat Tire 26" 1000W Motor Bike
- 3.7 Kemanner 26" 250W Electric Mountain Bike
- 3.8 Speedrid Ebike 26/27.5 Electric Bike
- 3.9 ECOTRIC Electric 500W Foldable Bike
- 3.10 ANCHEER 250W Folding Electric Bike
- 4 How To Buy An Electric Bike
- 5 Conclusion
With so many people turning to electric bikes as their personal transportation solution, it’s easy to understand why the electric bike sector is the fastest growing sector in the cycling industry.
Electric bikes are a viable transportation option that comes with several benefits including affordability, speed, ease of maintenance, stylish looks as well as fun, comfortable rides.
Whether you are riding mountain roads, open country roads or city streets, an electric bike can make your ride faster and get you to your destination feeling refreshed. Even pro athletes love these bikes for the profound benefits they provide and you too should take advantage of them.
If you are in the market for a new electric bike, this guide will provide in-depth information that not only makes your easier and less stressful but also ensures that you find the perfect bike that meets your needs.
Overview Of The Top 10 Electric Bikes
Regardless of your riding needs, the electric bikes reviewed below offer the ultimate experience.
Types Of Electric Bikes
With so many models, styles, sizes, and prices, buying an electric can prove a daunting task. That, however, doesn't have to be the case. To get started, knowing the basics and benefits of electric bikes is crucial and this means knowing the different types that are available. Electric bikes are broadly categorized into five types.
- Cargo electric bikes: these resemble ordinary bikes with the main difference being that they are stronger. They also come with a rear rack that is designed to fit a wide range of accessories including kids’ seats, boxes and more of up to 120 kg plus the rider. They are commonly used as an alternative to cars especially Europe.
- Compact/folding electric bikes: they are increasingly becoming popular among cyclists as due to their compactness that makes transportation and storage easier. They are popular among students, commuters, and baby boomers that travel in caravans, cars or boats.
- Electric hybrid/urban bike: consider an electric hybrid bike if you want something works as a great alternative to a car. Hybrid bikes combine comfort, efficiency, and speed expertly. They combine the best qualities of mountain bikes and road bikes to deliver the ultimate riding experience. They are available as step frame (men’s frame).
- Electric fat bikes: these get their name from their wide tires that make it easier and more fun to ride rough terrains include sand, mountainous routes, and snow. They were specially designed for Alaskan winter trail winding, but over time, they have proved versatile for other applications. They are the ideal option for riders who want to get through almost any obstacle.
- Electric mountain bikes: they are generally designed for off-road use and feature more durable frames, more upright riding position, front suspension forks, treaded tires, sportier looks, and stronger wheels. Some models come with a rear rack and lights.
Best Electric Bikes: Our Top Picks
If you are wondering which one to get, read our reviews below to help you out in your decision:
This bike has three modes which are normal bicycle, assisted bicycle and E-Bike like most on this list. What sets it apart is the 250W motor it has and reaches a max speed of 15 miles per hour.
The mileage on this bike is also impressive and it is between 25 - 50 kilometres. It is very sturdy, durable and lightweight thanks to the aluminum alloy it is made from and to ensure you are comfortable, the seat can easily be adjusted.
It is a wonderful bike for travelling in tough terrains and has a 12 speed transmission system. This allows you to choose a speed that suits you depending on your journey. To keep you safe, this bike has a very good braking system, horn as well as an LED headlamp for visibility at night.
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Has a 21 speed transmission system
- Amazing brakes, horn and LED headlamp for safety
- Has a removable battery
- Has 250W powerful motor
- Adjustable seat and 3 cycling modes
- This bike is a bit heavy for some customers
This ANCHEER has a very strong 350W motor. It provides you with enough power to make your commute very easy and you get speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. You will get to where ever you want to go very quickly. It has a removable 36V 7.8Ah Lithium-Ion battery.
It allows you to reach a range of 30 miles when fully charged which means you can go on your adventure without having to worry about it dying on you. Charging the battery is very easy because it can be charged off as well as on the bike.
Made from aluminum alloy frame, this bike is durable, strong and light. When you are cruising at high speed, this bike is very easy to maneuver. Lastly, this bike has three working modes which are normal bike, assisted bicycle, and Ebike. The LED 4-speed smart meter button, you are able to choose the electric-assist power depending on your needs.
- Has a powerful 350W motor
- You get speeds of up to 20 miles per hour
- The battery can easily be charged on and off the bike
- Powered by removable a 36V 7.8Ah Lithium-Ion battery
- Made from high-quality material
- Durable and easy to maneuver
- Some customers find this bike hard to assemble
This electric bike weighs just 58 pounds making it very light and it supports people with a maximum weight of 260 pounds. With a top speed of 32km per hour, you will have no problems getting to where you want to be in no time.
For your safety, this bike has an impressive braking system which prevents collision or accident if you are cruising at very high speeds. It has a very powerful 500W motor as well as a 36V Lithium battery.
You can charge this battery at home or even at work if you wish. The 26 x 4.0 tires are very durable, offer stability as well as balance. This bike has an ergonomic handlebar, anti-slip tires and an adjustable seat for comfort.
- Lightweight and ergonomic bike
- Maximum weight of 260 pounds
- Excellent braking system
- Has a removable battery that can be charged
- Has a 500W powerful motor
- The 26-inch tires offer speed, balance, durability, and stability
- Has an adjustable seat
- The paddles are not very strong
The 350 W CLIENSY 26" Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike has 3 incredible cycling modes which are bicycle, assisted bicycle, and E-bike. If you enjoy exercise, you can pick "bicycle" as an option and if you enjoy long travels, E-bike is the best option.
Whether you are a sports fan, a commuter, a serious or casual rider, this bike is a worthy investment. The keyless start system is its stand out feature and for those who lose their keys often, they never have to worry about this problem when they owe this bike.
To start this bike, all you have to do is press the “M” for a few seconds and when the lights are on, it’s time to enjoy the ride. The 36V 10Ah battery takes 4-6 hours to charge and you can pick between assisted mode as well as E-bike mode.
It has a top speed of 20 miles per hour and a Shimano 21 speed gear which makes it easy to power through hills. Lastly, it has a very comfortable seat which makes it ideal for long rides and it also has amazing terrain adaptability.
- Great bike with 3 cycling options
- Perfect for sports fans, commuters, serious or casual riders
- You never have to worry about losing the keys thanks to the keyless start system
- Has an E-bike as well as an assisted mode
- Take 4-6 hours to charge
- Max speed of 20 Mph
- Amazing terrain adaptability
- Comfortable seat
- Shimano 21 speed gear which makes it easy to power through hills
- Some customers have experienced a few electrical issues
The emdaot 26'' 36V 250W Electric Mountain Bike is made from an aluminum alloy which is a material that makes it durable. You will have this bike in your possession for a very long time plus it is lightweight. A bike that is heavy is very difficult to maneuver however, the clever design of this bike makes maneuvering even at speed very easy.
If you are going for a spin at night, this bike has a bright LED headlamp and a horn for your safety. The impressive 21-speed gear makes riding uphill effortless. The 250W motor and the 36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion battery offers you a top speed of 15 miles per hour.
Just like the other bikes on this list, this one also has 3 working modes which are normal bike, assisted bicycle, and E-bike. You just have to pick the mode that suits you and lastly, this bike has anti-slip and wear-resistant tires, an adjustable seat and an ergonomic handlebar.
- Made from material that is strong
- Very durable and has an ergonomic design
- Has non-slip and wear-resistant tires
- Adjustable seat and lightweight
- Has 3 modes and a top speed of 15 miles per hour
- 250W motor and a removable battery
- Cannot be folded
What makes this bike one of the best on this list is the 1000W motor it has as well as the 48V 13Ah lithium battery. The motor provides very strong power and it has a charging time of 6-8 hours.
With a top speed of 25 miles per hour, it is able to support riders who weigh less than 260 pounds. The 26-inch tires are perfect for all conditions and offer stability, balance, speed, and safety. It has an LCD display panel and ergonomic design.
When purchased, the bike will arrive pre-assembled and has an adjustable seat, wear-resistant and anti-slip tires, and an ergonomic handlebar.
- Powerful 1000W motor and a removable battery
- An ergonomic design
- Has an LCD display panel
- Safe, durable, fast and stable
- Offers great balance to the rider
- Supports a maximum weight of 260 pounds
- The headlamp is not very durable
The Kemanner 26-inch Electric Mountain Bike has three riding modes to choose from and is ideal for riders who are between 165 - 190 cm tall. You can choose between a bicycle, assisted bicycle, and non-foldable E-bike.
It also has a 21 speed Shimano professional transmission system which makes riding up hills a breeze because you can reach a max speed of 21.7 miles per hour. It has a 36V 8Ah lithium battery that takes 4-6 hours to charge.
The aluminum material it is made from is not only durable but lightweight as well. Lastly, the 26-inch wheels are wear and slip resistance. You can ride this bike in snowy and rainy conditions.
- Suitable for tall riders
- Has three riding modes
- Has a 21 speed Shimano professional transmission system
- Has a 250W powerful motor made in Germany
- Lightweight and durable
- The 26-inch wheels are wear and slip resistance
- Can’t be folded which is a letdown for many customers
The Speedrid Ebike 26/27.5 Electric Bike can be folded in half if needed making it easy to store in your car or store. It also has three working modes which are normal bike, assisted bike, and E-bike.
No matter your riding preference, this bike is perfect for everyone. The cost-effective design makes it a very durable bike to own and the 21-speed professional transmission system allows you to cruise at speed effortlessly.
It can reach speeds of up to 17 miles per hour and it is powered by a 36V 8Ah lithium-Ion battery as well as a 250W motor. You will go on many adventures or trips for years when you own this wonderful bike.
- Easy to store
- Can be folded
- Has 3 working modes
- Has a powerful motor
- A removable battery
- Has a 21-speed professional transmission system
- Not the fastest bike on the list
The ECOTRIC Electric 500W Foldable Bike Beach Snow Bicycle 20" weighs 29.8 kgs which are around 65.7 pounds. It is a reasonably heavy bike however, it is powered by a 500W motor as well as a 48V 13Ah Lithium battery.
You can remove this battery with ease to charge it at home or even at work and it takes 6-8 hours to charge. The 20-inch x 4.0 tires are great for all terrains and have an anti-skidding feature that lets you ride in sand and snow with ease.
For your safety, this bike has an amazing braking system. Lastly, this bike has a max speed of 23.5 miles per hour and a Shimano external 7-speed gear.
- Powered by a 500W motor
- Has a 48V 13Ah Lithium battery
- You can remove the battery with ease
- Takes 6-8 hours to charge.
- Great for all terrains and have an anti-skidding feature
- Great braking system
- A bit heavier than most models on this list
The ANCHEER 250W Folding Electric Bike is very easy to store because it can be folded and lightweight. The bike is very durable thanks to the aluminum alloy it is made from and for your protection as well as safety, it is fitted with both front and rear disc brakes.
It is an amazing bike that has a horn and a bright LED headlamp for riding at night and has three cycling modes. These modes are normal bike, assisted bike, and E-bike. Lastly, it has a 250W motor and a removable 36V 8 Ah lithium battery that lets you ride for up to 25 - 50 kilometers. It has an easy charge port system that allows you to charge the bike on and off the frame with easy
- Has a removable battery and a 250W motor
- Has an easy charge port system
- Lightweight and foldable
- Easy to store
- Fitted with both front and rear disc brakes for safety
- Has a horn and a bright LED headlamp for riding at night
- Not designed for tall people
How To Buy An Electric Bike
When approaching the purchase of a new electric bike, there are a few important factors that one should consider so that they can make the right decision. Some of these considerations include:
- Durability: It doesn’t make sense to invest hundreds or thousands of dollars in something that won’t last long. There are more components that make up an electric bike as compared to ordinary bikes such as the battery and motor. The quality of these components is something you need to determine because you don’t want your electric bike turning to a regular bike in a few weeks or months.
- Comfort: If an electronic bike doesn't offer a comfortable ride, then it isn't worth buying in the first place. General components of the bike including its geometry, handlebars, and saddle contribute to your comfort. If it doesn't meet this criterion, keep searching. After all, you will be on your bike for a considerable amount of time.
- Electric motor: This should be powerful enough to move your electronic bike on flat surfaces without any issues. It should also be able to overcome some low steep slopes. A more powerful motor will allow you to tackle steeper slopes. It will also provide increased momentum that will get you to your destination faster without getting tired.
- Battery: This is what makes it possible for an electric bike to pedal. Consider buying a bike with a long lasting battery that comes with a huge energy load. With the worry of your battery letting you down eliminated, you can enjoy long rides. The better the battery, the better the ride. Being the core feature of an electronic bike, it’s hard to stress the importance of a good battery enough.
Shopping for an electric bike that best suits your needs doesn’t have to be hard and this can only be so if you know what to look for. Knowing the differences between the various types of electric bikes as well as which are important to consider during the purchase makes everything better.
This guide seeks to provide all the detailed information that will make your dream of owning a comfortable, fast yet durable electric bike come true.